Plateau Bustin'

"My name is Cody, and I will be turning 16 in a few weeks. But I was wondering how I can build greater muscular size? I'm currently 170 and about 5'11''. I've been on and off working out since about 8th grade, where I used to weigh in at about 150-155. So I've gained weight since. But the question is for about 2 months or so I've gotten back into working out, and currently I'm stronger than I've ever been. But for about the last week to week and a half, I've stopped increasing in weight and have somewhat been decreasing in the reps that I'm a able to do. The only supplements I've been taking is whey protein in mornings and after my workouts. But the questions I had were what can I do to start increasing more, and how can I also increase my muscular size? Because I've been noticing that even though I'm as strong or stronger than the people I work out with, my size is incredibly smaller. Any help is really appreciated."

Thanks,
Cody


My Answer: Well first thing Cody, you have too many "buts" in your question. Why does this matter? "Buts" represent psychological barriers, so do get rid of that word from your speech and thoughts. You'll be a lot happier in life.

Oh, that wasn't the advice you were looking for, huh, Cody? Anyway, it's hard for me to tell you what to do next, because you haven't told me what you've been doing. My first instinct is to tell you to back off from the training, but who knows what you're backing from. If you haven't done so, then read the excerpt from Strength and Physique, V1 and go over the concept of "backcycling." This will jumpstart your gains. You're still young, so you have plenty of growth ahead. You just got do your homework with regards to training and intelligently plan your workouts.

I've mentioned this before in a previous post, but I've written an article on beginner/ectomorph training. I'm not sure at this point if the article will be published on the web or in an upcoming book. I'll keep you guys posted.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Increasing Your Dead Hang Time

8 Simple Exercises to Emulate the Gymnast

Targeting the Deltoids, Minimizing the Traps