Jump Start Muscle Growth



Q: I've enjoyed all of your articles and appreciate all the info that you share on your blog. I've done quite a few programs that you've outlined (pyramids, Body Contract 2.0, 5x5, 3x5, 8x8, etc.) with some positive results. As a 23 year old ectomorph (6'2", 157 lbs.) who has been working out for 8 years, it's a nice change of pace to see some gains (however slight) in size and strength. 

One question that I've had for a while though: are there any guiding principles for creating training macro-cycles (in other words, choosing your next workout program)? Per your response to one question on your blog I'm ordering your Neo-Classical Bodybuilding book for Christmas to dig a little deeper and figure out how to sequence routines once and for all. As Christmas is a while away though, I figured I'd check out your ectomorph specific PDF in the meantime. 

Thanks for all the info you've already shared, I really look forward to reading your book. I'll have to let you know how training goes afterward. I can hardly wait. 

Thanks again, 
Hans 


My Answer: Well Hans, effective bodybuilding mesocycles (macrocycles are a year long) always exploit the backcycling strategy. My article at T-nation provides three simple approaches to backcycling that you can immediately use in the gym. Neo-Classical Bodybuilding, however, will go over the nuts and bolts of both meso and microcycling. 

In other words, you'll not only know how to change programs every couple of weeks, but you'll also learn how to switch up workouts from day to day. Whereas Hypertrophy Training for the Ectomorph is for beginners, Neo-Classical Bodybuilding is for advanced bodybuilders who want to jump start muscle growth again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Targeting the Deltoids, Minimizing the Traps

Bench Press to Increase Pushups

Leg Presses and 5x5