Breaking through a plateau on the 10-8-6-15

I have been following your ectomorph program for about three weeks. I'm not getting much size. It seems my strength has made some gains with some definition. I have been doing the three minute rest periods and even sometimes five minute. I do the program on Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Any suggestions on what I can do?

Bradley S.



My Answer: If you're having problems gaining muscle on the program, then you will need to take a look at your diet and see if you're eating enough.  More protein and more calories.  If you have problems getting in the extra protein, then supplement with a protein drink every day.

Since you've been on the ectomorph program for a few weeks, you should also switch to the 5x5 program.  Plug in completely different exercises.  Shorten the rest periods to 60-90 seconds.  Use a rep tempo of slow negatives with explosive lifting.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

8 Simple Exercises to Emulate the Gymnast

Increasing Your Dead Hang Time

Straight Sets vs Pyramid Sets