A fitness trail (a.k.a. parcourse) is a running course with exercise stations scattered at varying intervals. It's a great way to get some fresh air and sun and combine strength calisthenics with cardiovascular work.
Here's a brutally effective circuit that I used to put my clients through. The pull-up station at Lake Merced is located next to a downhill path, so we'd do hill sprints as part of the circuit.
The Lake Merced Workout:
- Pull-ups, as many reps as possible (AMRAP)
- Run downhill to the bottom, turn around and sprint up the hill as fast as you can
- Push ups, AMRAP
- Body weight squats, AMRAP
- Hanging leg raises, AMRAP
- Repeat circuit 2-4 more times