Way Off-Topic: Jumping Through Alternate Universes

So I was jumping through alternate universes the other day. My laptop allows me to visit alternate timelines, and every once in a while I get the urge to see how other versions of myself are doing. Some are older, some are younger. Some are rich and famous. Some are still trying to make their mark in the world.

One James Chan is a famous business author. One is a photographer with a successful business taking wedding photos. Another a dentist. A laywer. A real estate agent. A government acountant.

I realize while romping through the multi-verse that there are a lot of James Chans with successful but boring ass careers. Much more successful than me, but boring as hell. I don't know if our bland 2 syllable name dictates that we lead stable, but unremarkable lives. I suppose everybody feels they're a snowflake, but as far as James Chans go, I'm pretty damn unique.

But I did run into a few James Chan's who were actors, though. A Hong Kong actor. Another whose only film credit was "Ninja Terminator." Another James Chan "The Actor" was white. I guess in this universe, James Chan is a Caucasian dude.

The first time I discovered alternate versions of me running around was in high school. I got called into the counseling office by a counselor I had never met before. She told me I wasn't doing so great in calculus, and I said, "But I'm not taking calculus."

She looked at me perplexed, glanced at my file and asked, "You're a junior, right?"

"No, I'm a sophomore."

She grinned and said, "I'm sorry. Heh, I've got the wrong James Chan. You can go back to class."

OK, enough shenanigans. So my laptop doesn't really allow me to traverse through alternate universes, but all of the above is true. The Internet is a wonderful microcosm to explore. If you type in "James Chan," then you'll find hundreds of thousands of JC's running around all over the world. I've got a pretty common name, so I thought I'd see how others have lived up to it.

If you haven't, try a search on your name sometime.

Comments

Janet said…
How interesting! :) I did a search on my name, and a few other apppeared, one a PHd, and one an actress in HK, but that's about it! If I do my bro-in-law, Michael Kim, there's about a million of those. :D Or a good friend of mine, James Lee - also a ton of them out there!

On two ocassions, I have had two random strangers come up to me and tell me I look EXACTLY like someone they know! It's odd and I'm always so curious to see what they look like.
J said…
Well, Janet, that must mean that you're a snowflake! LOL

Popular posts from this blog

Targeting the Deltoids, Minimizing the Traps

Bench Press to Increase Pushups

Leg Presses and 5x5