Shock Techniques for the Chest

Q: I read your article Wingspan Workouts at Bodybuilding.com, and I’m going to do them tomorrow for the first time. I’m curious what the effect will be on my back. But more curious I am if you have such 'Shock Techniques' for the chest, because this is the place where I need mass the most! I hope to hear from you soon. Thanks.

Kindest regards,
Aschwin V.D.
The Netherlands (Europe)


My Answer: Aschwin, do Europeans usually put "Europe" after their country of residence? I only ask that, because it's the second time I've seen this. Anyway, to answer your question of what effect the workouts will have on your back:

1) INCREDIBLE SORENESS
2) INCREDIBLE SIZE AND WIDTH

These workouts will widen your lats and give you the V-taper. These workouts are tough, but if you stick with them, then you will develop some major width in your physique. These workouts are not meant for back thickness, however.

One word of advice: each is a separate workout. Do not do all four workouts in one workout. Spread them out during a course of 2 weeks.

Now as far as shock techniques for the chest, those techniques are outlined in Chapter 7 of Strength and Physique: The Articles.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello Jame, indeed it gives a lot pain in my back. A good workout. But how many times should I do such a workout? You speak about two weeks. Should I do all 4 shock techniques in a time frame of two weeks? And then continue with my own program, and after 4 - 6 weeks do the shoch theniques again.

Thanks, I hope to hear from you soon.


Aschwin
J said…
"Should I do all 4 shock techniques in a time frame of two weeks? And then continue with my own program, and after 4 - 6 weeks do the shock techniques again?"

Yes, do it like that and your fine. If you find the shock techniques are too much for you, then just choose 2 and alternate them for 2 weeks. Then go back to your own program for 4-6 weeks. Then alternate between the other 2 shock techniques for 2 weeks. Then 4-6 weeks of something else.

Popular posts from this blog

Targeting the Deltoids, Minimizing the Traps

Bench Press to Increase Pushups

Leg Presses and 5x5