Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Workout After Dinner?

"Hi James, I have started training full body twice a week. I am not able to train full body thrice a day, but plan to do the same soon. Right now I am following the following regimen:

Monday: Back and biceps (45 minutes)
Tuesday: Chest and triceps (45 minutes)
Wednesday: Shoulder and legs (45 minutes)
Thursday: Back and Biceps (45 minutes)
Friday: Chest and triceps (45 minutes)
Saturday: Shoulder and legs (45 minutes)

"I follow the above regimen by doing 15 minutes of stationary biking every day immediately after the workout. I do three different exercises for each body part with three sets of 12 reps each. Please let me know as to what constitutes an ideal number of sets per body part and what should be the ideal number of reps in a set.

"Also I would like to know whether it is advisable to do some weight workout/cardio after one hour of having dinner in order to digest the same in proper manner. I have my dinner at around 8.30 pm."

Kindly guide.

Regards
Manu


My Answer: "Kindly guide," Manu? How about you kindly pay? Technically you've got a split routine and not a full body routine. But that's OK for now, at least you've made some improvement on your program design. As far as optimal number of sets and reps, there is no optimal number of sets and reps. However, what you're doing (3 sets of 12 reps, 3 exercises per bodypart) is fine.

As far as working out after dinner, if you can do it without throwing up, then by all means do it. If you throw up, then that's your body telling you something, isn't it?
Post a Comment