Volume 3?



Q: I hope my fancy subject line stopped you from labeling this mail as spam. First off, through the decompression phase, I've added 20 pounds to my bench! I really wish I knew about you years ago. 

My question for you is really simple. The adjustable bench at my gym can only go between 15 degrees and 30 degrees. For the 20 degree dumbbell exercise you recommend, should I adjust the bench at 15 or 30 degrees for maximum effect on my pectoral physique? 

By the way, when Volume 3 comes out, you can guarantee that I'll be the first one to purchase it.

Thanks,
Larry


My Answer: Good to hear you've made progress on the bench, Larry! As far as angle, if you had to choose between 15 and 30 degrees, then choose the 30 degree incline. It's still at a shallow angle to hit the sterno-clavical area and develop the upper pec fibers. As long as it is not 45 degrees and above, then you're good.

Volume 3? Gosh, I'm pretty swamped at the moment with work, training, running 2 blogs and writing articles for Planet Muscle. I have thought about Volume 3, and I've already got a theme in mind for the book. I'll keep you guys posted.

Comments

TonyKim said…
I wish I had discovered this guy earlier too! Following the principles of his ectomorphic program, I was finally able to make some decent gains for the first time in my life.
J said…
Aw, my peeps are showing me the love now. Thanks dudes.
Dante said…
Time to jump on the hype for james train. Wish I knew about him earlier as well!

I wish he would make an article about that Arnel guy and shut him and his followers up.
J said…
Arnel? Never heard of him.
Dante said…
Arnel, the self proclaimed ab master.

http://www.iwantsixpackabs.com/home_my_story.html

Popular posts from this blog

Targeting the Deltoids, Minimizing the Traps

Bench Press to Increase Pushups

Leg Presses and 5x5