An Advanced Routine

Q: "Hi, I just wanted to ask: what is the most effective workout? Or can you give me an advanced routine, because I'm already used to my workout program. So I just want to mix things up. I already have 2 years of training experience."

Thanks, more power to you
- Ralph T.


My Answer: I have no idea what your training background is. You could have been doing 2 years of pushups and sit-ups and calling yourself advanced. Who knows, because you didn't say what's your workout program.

A lot of people say they are advanced lifters, but have no idea what that means. Ask yourself this:

1) Can you do a pull-up?
2) Can you do dips?
3) Do you squat?
4) Do you deadlift?

If you answer "No" to any of those questions, then forget being advanced. You do not even have the basic strength foundation for bodybuilding and strength sports.

Now what is the most effective workout? Depends on what your goal is, but I'm assuming you're talking about bodybuilding workouts. The best workout is the one you are not on. The best training program is one where you cycle through a series of workouts, all designed to hypertrophy your muscles through different means. This is what I go into great detail in Strength and Physique: Neo-Classical Bodybuilding. This is a truly advanced routine.






Q: "Hi James. I read your Cop Workout and think it's awesome. Do you recommend any supplements to take with this?"

-Jose T. 


My Answer: I used to take quite a few supplements back in my earlier days of bodybuilding. I experimented with quite a few. If it worked for me, I'd keep it in my regimen. If it didn't work, then I wouldn't buy it anymore. My supplement regimen nowadays is bare bones and focused more on health. Here's what I take:

1) Surge Recovery Post-Workout Drink
2) Creatine Monohydrate
3) Fish Oil
4) Resveratrol
5) Superfood (freeze dried food extract)

I get my supplements from Biotest, as they make high quality products. Now you may have noticed that I don't take any protein powder. If you're looking to stay trim and muscular, then you should be eating high quality animal proteins instead of drinking your protein. 

If you were to bulk up, however, then supplement your diet with some micellar casein. This type of protein stays in your system a lot longer than normal protein and will keep you in an anabolic/anti-catabolic state.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Targeting the Deltoids, Minimizing the Traps

Bench Press to Increase Pushups

Leg Presses and 5x5