Pyramid Training Best for Ectomorphs?



Q: "I tried finding out where to post on your blog, but I couldn't see where to sign up. I just have a quick question, and I hope you can help. I am an ectomorph. I'm 20 years old, 138 lbs. and 6'1". Are pyramid sets the best thing I can do to gain muscle? Also I do a split routine and workout 4 times a week with about 2-3 exercises per muscle group. Does this sound ok? I'm thinking about doing the same exercises and trying the pyramid sets. Do you have any advice?"

Thanks,
Nick


My Answer: Nick, you obviously read my 10-8-6-15 article. Re-read the article. I outline every reason why you should NOT be doing a split routine and why you should stick with ONE exercise per muscle group.

Pyramid training is not necessarily the best program to gain muscle, but the 10-8-6-15 article does tell you how an ectomorph should train. If you're going to do the same exercises you've always done but on a pyramid scheme, then forget the split routine and do a full body workout 3 times per week. Choose one exercise per muscle group and change the exercises from workout to workout.

Comments

Mike Crothers said…
www.stronglifts.com

5x5 focusing on big lifts and body weight exercises.

Popular posts from this blog

Targeting the Deltoids, Minimizing the Traps

Bench Press to Increase Pushups

Leg Presses and 5x5