Follow me on Twitter, Join Me on Facebook

I don't get Facebook or Twitter. I'm really not interested in what you had for breakfast this morning, you narcissist. I can see the potential for these social networking tools to mobilize movements, to keep in touch with friends and family and to gather people together for some fun activities. But jeez, most people just aren't using these tools for anything meaningful. 

Nevertheless, the Web does provide a lot of valuable tools to support your activities in the Real World. Social networking tools are just tools. Phil Hartman said it best, "You put one guy in front of the computer, and he comes up with the space shuttle. You put another guy in front of the computer, and he plays Doom all day."

I have a client who's the marketing director for Buzz Logic, an Internet marketing company. Every week she pesters me to join Twitter and start tweeting to promote my books, even though my book sales are doing great. Well after a year or two year of her nagging me, I finally relented: Twitter

My tweets will be infrequent and will give you a heads up on my latest articles, videos, etc. You can also join other strength and bodybuilding enthusiasts on my Facebook page: Strength and Physique on Facebook


Comments

Unknown said…
I signed up at Twitter a few weeks ago, but I couldn't get past the question "What Are You Doing Right Now?" because my answer is always the same: "Sitting here typing this".

I do use Facebook, but I think of it more as Facebore.
J said…
Facebore, haha! yeah, Facebook is really best to keep up with friends and family, or if you're stalking someone.

Popular posts from this blog

Targeting the Deltoids, Minimizing the Traps

Bench Press to Increase Pushups

Leg Presses and 5x5