I Want to Be Ripped!


Just a heads up readers. Strength and Physique:Tactics and Strategies is now available for purchase. Order your copy today!

Q: "James, how is it going? I am starting my police officer program in September 09. Going back to school to get a 2 year or less degree, taking firearm training, hand to hand training, hand cuffs, baton training etc. I want in, and I will do whatever it takes as long as it's legal obviously.

"I was wondering if I could get some guidance for work outs. I am 40 and used to be a hockey player, but I have not worked out since 2005 seriously. I have 2 kids and a wife, and we'll be in school full time. However, I want to be ripped. I am 5'9 and 195 lbs.

"I appreciate any help you can bring!"
- Martin P.


My Answer: If you haven't seriously worked out since 2005, then get back into training. Any type of strength training. You're at a point where your primary goal should be consistency. Once you're consistent, then figure out a specific training routine to follow. Hit the gym or weights at least 3 times a week. Do full body workouts no longer than an hour. If you have a home gym setup or can afford to create one given your space, then do it. This way you have no excuses. Or try working out at the school gym.

Once you are consistently training, then follow the principles outlined in my Strength Training for Fat Loss article.

Comments

Dante said…
Woah woah, I was about to purchase, then I saw the estimated arrival date set for August 20....would it really take almost a month to get here?
J said…
No it actually should take a week at the most. I'm not sure why the publishing service gives such a far off date, but it's been my experience that it'll take about a week to get to you.
Dante said…
Just bought your new book James! Can't wait to read it!
J said…
Thanks Dante! I know you'll like it.

Popular posts from this blog

Targeting the Deltoids, Minimizing the Traps

Bench Press to Increase Pushups

Leg Presses and 5x5