Pyramid Training on a Split Routine

I inquired before about the 10-8-6-15 training, and I'm planning to use it again in the gym for mass building. I just enrolled in a gym (before I just worked out at home).

I would just like to clarify: if I have 3 consecutive days off (Monday to Wednesday), then how would I use the ectomorph training? I mean, I would like to work out on those 3 days, or at least 2 days, but my work schedule is crazy sometimes. As much as possible, I would like to maximize those days off as workout days.

One more thing sir, if I work out at night, is it healthy for my muscles to work out the next day in the morning or day time?

Thanks sir! I really respect your teachings!

- G.C.



My Answer: If your schedule only allows for training Monday to Wednesday, then the Hypertrophy Training for the Ectomorph program is not for you. No point in trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Life dictates your training schedule, and it doesn't give a crap about what's your optimal workout schedule. With that said, you can modify the program from a whole body workout to a three day split:

Monday: Chest and Back
Tuesday: Quads, Hamstrings, Calves and Abs
Wednesday: Deltoids, Biceps and Triceps

Choose 2 exercises for each body part and follow the 10-8-6-15 rep scheme for each exercise. As I have explained in the article, high volume split routines are not the ideal routines for ectomorphs. But if your schedule doesn't allow for high frequency whole body routines, then just go with the flow, even if it's not optimal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Targeting the Deltoids, Minimizing the Traps

Bench Press to Increase Pushups

Leg Presses and 5x5