Strength and Combat, Kettlebells for Bodybuilding



I don't know why I never ordered Tactics & Strategies. Your other two books are great. I've been on a 5X5 kick lately, so I'm hoping I can learn how to diversify the workouts while still focusing on maintaining and gaining strength. Sticking to your principles to the letter has helped me improve immensely. 

When I started lifting over two years ago I was 125 pounds and now I'm over 170. At one point when I was drinking a gallon of milk a day I was over 185. What I'm trying to say is that reading your books helped me understand what I needed to do to gain [muscle]. My dedication plus your expertise really worked out well for me. 

I also wanted to say congratulations on becoming a father, and I hope you have a happy and healthy family! 

Best, 
Mike 


My Answer: That's awesome dude! Going from 125 to 170 is a major feat. I'm proud of ya. It's funny that I've been doing my blog and articles for awhile, and I recognize the names of readers who've been around from the beginning. Sometimes I even remember the questions they asked a year or two ago. 

Bottom line is I really enjoy helping you guys achieve your physique goals. I can't hold your hand and walk you over there, but if you've done your homework and just need some guidance when things aren't clear, then I'll point you in the right direction. 

Anyway I'm glad you got a lot out of my books. I know you'll enjoy Tactics and Strategies, because there are a lot of specialization programs you can use: 

  - Kettlebell program for bodybuilding. Kettlebells are a must-have tool if you want to be big and strong, but most kettlebell fanatics don't realize it's just an exercise tool, not an exercise program in and of itself. What moron thinks to himself, "I'll base an entire program solely on dumbbell exercises." So why would kettlebells be any different? Kettlebells are a tool to be incorporated into a training program, not to define it. 

  - Strength and combat. I take a very minimalist approach to strength training for MMA, martial arts or combat in general. The reason is combat or martial arts training is very intensive, so you have to avoid training redundancy. Most strength and conditioning coaches who train mixed martial artists make this mistake. 

  - Razor sharp abs. I always get questions on ab work, so this chapter in the book goes into great detail about direct ab training and how to carve out razor sharp abs. Keep in mind that there are 2 versions of Tactics & Strategies, a print version and an E-book version on Kindle. The Kindle version does not have the above chapters. They are only in the print version, since you're paying more for that version.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Targeting the Deltoids, Minimizing the Traps

Bench Press to Increase Pushups

Leg Presses and 5x5