Partials for Size and Strength

Q: I started going back to the gym last spring, my lifts are still fairly low, about 185lbs for 4-5 reps on bench, squat is around the same, deadlift is 225 for about 4 reps. I'm 6'4" just under 205lbs. What type of program should I be looking at to gain size and strength. Thanks again James

-B. Parker



My Answer: Given that you are 6'4" I suggest you incorporate heavy partials and power rack training. In Tactics and Strategies I devote a whole chapter to power rack training and use of partial reps. Start off doing half presses and rack pulls, then week by week lower the pins a notch. This will help with your strength, which in turn will help with size.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Targeting the Deltoids, Minimizing the Traps

Bench Press to Increase Pushups

Leg Presses and 5x5