Walk Before You Run




Q: I was just reading your Return to Copland article on Bodybuilding.com. I'm currently taking police foundation courses in college and was wondering whether this would be a good workout to follow. I'm looking for something that will mainly help develop size and strength. Or would you have something else in mind? 

Thanks in advance.

-Brody


My Answer: Now if you just want size and strength, then any program will do. Given that you're in college and not yet hired as a cop, then I suggest any other size and strength program. I don't know your physical background, so I can't make a specific suggestion.

The RTC workout is meant for the patrol officer. If you want a combination of size, strength, conditioning and aesthetics meant specifically for patrol, then this is the program. It is a tough program to follow, so I suggest you break yourself in with an easier program first, then follow the RTC workout.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank you so much for this!!!

I've been looking for a workout geared toward police officers.

I've been a runner for a while, and use to do weight training, but slacked off on the weight training and stayed with running.

Now, after dropping 60 lbs. (through diet and running), I'm ready to build back up some weight through weight training, and wanted something geared toward cops.

Thanks again... I'll report back in a few months to let you know how it's going.
Anonymous said…
Oh... by the way. The program looks like it may miss out on the core (which would be pretty important for cops). Any thoughts?

Planks?
J said…
To avoid overtraining, I keep a lot of the direct ab work out of my programs. Your abs are actually being worked quite intensely by pullups and front squats. Provided that you're doing them right, of course.

but if you feel like adding planks, then by all means. Just do the more difficult versions though: Planks

Popular posts from this blog

Targeting the Deltoids, Minimizing the Traps

Bench Press to Increase Pushups

Leg Presses and 5x5