Pyramid Your Reps, Pyramid Your Weight

Hello, I’m a 34 (soon to be 35) year old looking to gain muscle and weight. Although I eat a lot, (at least I think I do) I’ve been at 145-150 lbs for as long as I can remember. I saw your article on Bodybuilding.com and would like to give it a try.

My only question with the pyramid program is: Do I change the weight for each rep? In other words, do I lift the weight 10 times with a certain weight and then 8 times with another weight, and so on and so forth? Or, do I find a weight that I can lift 15 times and do all sets with that weight?

Any help would be appreciated.

- M. Palacios

My Answer: Yes, adjust the weight according to the repetitions. Adjust the weight so that you come close to failure at each target rep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Targeting the Deltoids, Minimizing the Traps

Bench Press to Increase Pushups

Leg Presses and 5x5