Cardio or Not?

Hey I just got done reading your article "Hypertrophy Training For The Ectomorph: The 10-8-6-15 Program. I'm really excited in trying this method, but I was wondering if I should add any cardio to the workout plan?

Thank You,
T. Patel



My Answer: No you should not add cardio to this program. The program is meant to develop muscle mass in ectomorphs, guys who are incredibly skinny. If you add cardio, then you're adding a lot of physical work that

1) is not going to add any muscle
2) is going to take away muscle if you don't eat enough protein and calories

So ask yourself this, and be very honest: are you skinny or fat? If you're thin as a rail, then quit the cardio, because it's preventing you from gaining any weight. If you're fat, then you're NOT an ectomorph and you should be doing a different program.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Targeting the Deltoids, Minimizing the Traps

Bench Press to Increase Pushups

Leg Presses and 5x5