Ectomorph Training 6 Days a Week




Q: My question is about the ectomorph trainning.  I did your program in the bodybuilding article and man it was AWESOME. I gained 2 kg in 4 weeks of training, and lost 0.7 kg of fat!! Never seen results like that. I've worked out hard for about 3 years, and I have never seen that. Thanks again man.
 
I know that you suggest the 5x5 training after the pyramid or any low rep type of set, but my question is about how can I improve the intensity of the work out.
 
I did the pyramid a bit different then you suggest. It was an A/B training (push/pull), doing the A workout Monday/Wednesday/Friday and the B workout Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday, giving me one day rest.
 
I read an answer where you say ectomorphs have to train a muscle group at least 2-3 times with one exercise. So can I do a training program like this or will it be overtraining:


Workout A (Mon/Wed/Fri)
- 3 sets of 6 reps
- compound movements
- 3 minutes rest
 
  1. Bench press
  2. Rows
  3. Squats
  4. Shoulder press
  5. DB curl
  6. Preacher curl
  7. Close grip bench press

Workout B (Tues/Thurs/Sat)
- 3 drop sets (8 reps at start then drop 2 times)
- 90 seconds rest
- isolation movements
 
  1. Fly
  2. Pulldown
  3. Leg extensions supersetted with leg curls
  4. Upright row
  5. Cable row
  6. Zottman curls
 
Well thanks for showing me the "secret" of the ectomorph, and sorry about the horrible English.
 
-Alexis
 

My Answer: Looks fine, but I would suggest for Workout A you get rid of the last 2 exercises (preacher curls and close grip presses).  Otherwise your workout will last an hour and a half.  Keep your workouts to under an hour to avoid overtraining.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Targeting the Deltoids, Minimizing the Traps

Bench Press to Increase Pushups

Leg Presses and 5x5