Exercises During Density Training

Q: Again I have to say thank you for your books. I say that because I was mislead thru the years. And I feel that reading your books and my experiences have given me tools I wished I had 20 years ago. I do want to ask you if you think that my exercises in the my density training routine are good, or do you have better advice?  I am starting my 9th week.

Workout 1

Neck Bench Press: 3-4 sets, 5-7 reps
Lying EZ Bar Extensions: 4-5 sets, 5-7 reps

Quad Triset: 2-3 sets
  • Front Squat, 5-7 reps
  • Sissy Squat, as many reps as possible
  • Leg Extensions, 10-12 reps

Workout 2

Back Triset: 3-4 sets
  • Lat pulldown, 5-7 reps
  • Pullover, 5-7 reps
  • Seated Rows, 5-7 reps 
Deltoids Triset: 3 sets
  • Lean Away Laterals, 10-12 reps
  • Lying Rear Flyes, 10-12 reps
  • Wide Grip Upright Rows, 10-12 reps
Biceps Triset: 3 sets
  • Lying Cable Curl, 5-7 reps
  • Body Drag Curl, 5-7 reps
  • Zottman Curl, 5-7 reps
Calves (dimishing set)

Workout 3

  
Standing Calf Raises (3 sets, 15-20 reps)
Swing Laterals (3 sets, 12-15 reps)
20 Degree Incline DB press (3 sets, 10-12 reps)
Close Grip Pulldown (3 sets, 10-12 reps)
Front Squats (3 sets, 10-12 reps)
Seated Leg Curl (3 sets, 10-12 reps)

Arms Superset: 3 sets
  • Zottman Curl, 12-15 reps
  • Cable Overhead Extensions, 15-20 reps

Workout 4

Close grip bench press (6 sets, 4-6 reps)
Sternum Pullups (6 sets, 4-6 reps)
Back Squats (6 sets, 4-6 reps)
DB Bow and Press (6 sets, 4-6 reps)
Standing Calf Raises (drop sets, as many reps as possible)

Thanks
D


My Answer: Looks good, D.  The only thing I would add are compound sets or trisets for the chest and triceps in Workout #1. 

Also, with regards to the biceps triset in Workout #2, rearrange the order as 1) Zottman curls, 2) Body Drag Curl and 3) Lying Cable Curls.  You'll get more of a pump that way.

Other than that it, looks good.  You've learned well, Padawan.

Comments

Unknown said…
This is very impressive blog can you more share here i will back soon as soon possible.
Thanks for sharing....




"Michael Muskat"

Popular posts from this blog

Targeting the Deltoids, Minimizing the Traps

Bench Press to Increase Pushups

Leg Presses and 5x5