The Most Important Meals of the Day




Q: I'm 6'3" 249 lbs. and I would like to get a little bigger than this. How much protein should I eat per day? 

-Brad


My Answer: Ideally you should aim for a gram for each pound of body weight. So you should be aiming to eat 200-250 grams of protein a day.

That's quite a lot of protein, so you should be supplementing with a good protein shake. A combination of whey and casein is best, although your post-workout shake should be whey hydrolysate and simple carbs.

What I normally like to do if I want to gain muscle is eat a big breakfast with eggs. I like Spanish or Mexican omelettes, because they have guacamole and salsa topping the eggs. This way I get some healthy fats, extra protein and extra calories. Later on in the day I'll drink a whey/casein protein drink as a meal, workout and then drink a post-workout shake afterward.

Bottom line: Get as much protein in at breakfast and during the meals before and after your workout.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Targeting the Deltoids, Minimizing the Traps

Bench Press to Increase Pushups

Leg Presses and 5x5