Build then Refine

Thanks James!  [I'm] enjoying your [training] methods and am using it to set an example for our senior school kids to fight the steroid craze in our school. I have taken part in competitions and would like to do it again using all your techniques and totally natural.  I would also appreciate any help or advice.

Regards,
Pieter


My Answer: Hey Pieter, glad you and your students are benefiting from my training methods.  I'm not sure what sort of specific advice you're looking for, but you'll find plenty of general training advice in my books.  I'm writing up Volume 5 as we speak.  Volume 5 will showcase many of the exercises that I recommend for size and symmetry.

Bodybuilding is always a process of building muscle and refining muscle.  So you build muscle through Shotgun exercises and then you refine your muscle symmetry through Troubleshooting exercises.  It's like sculpting: you can't shape or mold what you don't have.  So you have to add on the clay or muscle and then take away some clay and shape the muscle.

Now I know there's going to be wise guy who will say, "You can't change the shape of muscle."  But MRI studies show different heads of a muscle group are stressed differently by different exercises.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

8 Simple Exercises to Emulate the Gymnast

Increasing Your Dead Hang Time

Straight Sets vs Pyramid Sets