Focus, Focus, Focus

Hey man. I just read about your trisets workouts and the 4 ways to Widen Your Back and have a question regarding it. Are your suggesting to do all four of the workouts in one day or on separate back days? I would really appreciate a response, but if not, I fully understand! I appreciate it and your work in the police force very much.

-Ryan



My Answer: Yo dude. It's four workouts. That means separate days, man.

You'd be crazy to do all four techniques in one workout. Focus man!

Like I said in the last post: one program at a time. I know newbies want to try everything, but you'll make better progress by focusing on one method, one goal. You either focus on mass gain or fat loss. You either focus on trisets or straight sets.

Even personal trainers have a hard time focusing. I've seen a lot of trainees do crazy "circus act" exercises. Somehow they think that doing different exercises at the same time works more muscle or burns more fat. They sort of equate superfluous movements put together as complexity and that this complexity of movement equates to progress in strength.


I'll give you an example: ever see someone doing a lift on top of an unstable surface? You're trying to lift while at the same time you're trying maintain your balance. Studies show that this type of training doesn't result in any strength gains. On the contrary, you lose strength on this type of training. You try to do everything, and you end up achieving nothing. You just end up looking like a bear wearing a Kaiser helmet riding a unicycle.

So, FOCUS.




Check out the Strength and Physique E-books



“This book is terrific. It distills years of experience and research into short sections laying out specific, creative programs for the major body parts, using the best science and advanced training techniques. Some of them created by the great 'masters' of bodybuilding like Larry Scott. Almost every section has a 'eureka' idea that I'm craving to try, like the back trifecta! The book is much more useful than subscriptions to all the muscle mags. I only wish I had it when I was a kid."

- Bob Vastine, world record holder in powerlifting



"Your arm blast routine from Volume One that you pointed me to is phenomenal. Maybe it's just the pump, but I'm measuring 16 inches compared to 15 inches before - after just 2 trainings!"

- Steve Murphy, Australia



"Sticking to your principles to the letter has helped me improve immensely. When I started lifting over two years ago I was 125 pounds and now I'm over 170.

"What I'm trying to say is that reading your books helped me understand what I needed to do to gain [muscle]. My dedication plus your expertise really worked out well for me."


- Mike Crothers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Targeting the Deltoids, Minimizing the Traps

Bench Press to Increase Pushups

Leg Presses and 5x5