Strength Training for Fat Loss: Q&A





Q: In your 2nd book on page 94 there is a Modern Strength Training and Fat Loss Program. Some questions:

1) How long should I stick to this program? Is 2 months too long?
2) Is the kettlebell swing a warm-up? If so, I should use a lighter kettlebell
3) I can't take dips because of a shoulder injury. Do you recommend diamond pushups instead, or narrow grip bench presses or some other triceps exercise like triceps extensions for 5-6 reps?

-C. Slotte


My Answer: Yes, 2 months is too long.  I talk about how long to stay on a program in the previous post.

The kettlebell swing will serve as a general warm-up, but you should use a moderately heavy kettlebell, not a light one.

If you can't do dips, then stick with diamond pushups for as many reps as possible.


GET BIG and order the Strength and Physique E-books



“This book is terrific. It distills years of experience and research into short sections laying out specific, creative programs for the major body parts, using the best science and advanced training techniques. Some of them created by the great 'masters' of bodybuilding like Larry Scott. Almost every section has a 'eureka' idea that I'm craving to try, like the back trifecta! The book is much more useful than subscriptions to all the muscle mags. I only wish I had it when I was a kid."

- Bob Vastine, world record holder in powerlifting



"Your arm blast routine from Volume One that you pointed me to is phenomenal. Maybe it's just the pump, but I'm measuring 16 inches compared to 15 inches before - after just 2 trainings!"

- Steve Murphy, Australia



"Sticking to your principles to the letter has helped me improve immensely. When I started lifting over two years ago I was 125 pounds and now I'm over 170.

"What I'm trying to say is that reading your books helped me understand what I needed to do to gain [muscle]. My dedication plus your expertise really worked out well for me."


- Mike Crothers

Comments

Unknown said…
that picture of the guy doing dumbell rows is bad ass!

alex
proteinfactory.com
whey protein

Popular posts from this blog

Targeting the Deltoids, Minimizing the Traps

Bench Press to Increase Pushups

Leg Presses and 5x5