Stubborn Fat


James,

Got the last book and it complemented the whole series.  I have made major changes in my lifting because of your books, and even at this stage in life I am making gains.  

I do still have some troublesome parts, like my belly fat. Even though there is not a lot there to cover up the six pack.  And for some reason I am bloated and tried probiotics, but it's not making much of a difference.  If I can get those under control I would be at the goal I have set for months in the future. 

I have a couple questions.  First about chest specialization.  I don’t know, but I may have missed it.  What type of weekly workout routine should I do with it?  Every other day and only 4 workouts a week?  How long should I use this routine (2-3) weeks?  I have my upper middle chest area that I need to add mass to.  Would you say to substitute the day of bench presses with 20° incline dumbbell presses?

I have done the density and decompression training then went to Shotgun and now to chest specialization.  Would you suggest any other routine after this? Each of them worked great.

Your books have made me easily understand what years of magazines and books and talking to people never did.  If I had your books years ago I can only imagine where I might have been today.  Even so I am so pleased with what has come about from taking your knowledge and applying it to my workouts. 

Thank you,

D



My Answer: Belly fat is the hardest fat to get rid of on men.  For women, it's hip fat.  These areas are where stubborn fat resides, and it is the last 10% that you're trying to get rid of on a fat loss program.  The last 10% is the hardest, because we live in a day and age of processed high carb foods, chronic stress and xenoestrogens.  These things prevent you from getting rid of the love handles.

In order to get rid of stubborn fat, everything has to be perfect.  Perfect diet, perfect training, perfect supplementation.  Green carbs only, no white or brown carbs.  Supplementation is a must, because unless you live out in the wild and have to hunt for food everyday, you're in modern society and bathing in carbs, stress and xenoestrogens.

My personal favorite supplement company is Biotest, as they put out high quality and innovative products.  Their stuff is much more expensive, however, than everybody else's.  So you may want to do some research into other companies if you can't afford Biotest.

To help to test out different supplements, you can to subscribe to the Muscle and Fitness Supplement Sampling Program.  This is where you can sign up to receive 5-7 supplement samples of various products each month for $15.00 a month (or $11.25 with an annual membership).

The shipping is free, and they also give some additional perks to members, such as $15 off any $75+ order at the Muscle and Fitness Store, 3 FREE ISSUES of Muscle and Fitness, Flex, Men's Fitness, or Muscle and Fitness Hers, and more.

Members get to choose their specific goals, flavor preferences, etc. to ensure their sample box is filled with products they’d actually be interested in.

As far as chest specialization, follow the 4 workouts a week, every other day.  Follow this routine for 2-3 weeks.  You can substitute the bench presses with 20° incline dumbbell presses.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Targeting the Deltoids, Minimizing the Traps

Bench Press to Increase Pushups

Leg Presses and 5x5