20-rep squats for massive muscle




I have some questions about 20-rep breathing squats:
 
  1. How many sets should I do? I used a weight that I can perform a 15 RM ,but I quickly start breathing hard around 8 reps at the second set. And I couldn't do total 20-rep at the third set.
  2. How often do we train squats using 20-rep breathing squats?
  3. Does the 15-rep breathing squats work as well?

Thank you so much for your time
 
All the best,
Mike
 
 
My Answer: Breathing squats are extremely traumatizing to the nervous system, so it is not a shock technique that I would use any more than once a week. Just do 1-2 sets of breathing squats, and you will find yourself gaining quite a bit of weight throughout your entire musculature, not just your thighs.  So forget about doing a third set.
 
Now 15-rep breathing squats should work just as well, so if you find that works better for you, then go for that.  The whole point of breathing squats is to extend the time under tension of a highly anabolic exercise.
 
But like I said, breathing squats are brutal, so you may want to alternate them with other anabolic set extenders for the quads, which I list in High Tension Exercises for Muscular Growth.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

8 Simple Exercises to Emulate the Gymnast

Increasing Your Dead Hang Time

Targeting the Deltoids, Minimizing the Traps