The Zig Zag Diet for Fat Loss

I'm J. M., 24 from Finland. I found working out to be my thing about a year ago and been following different training programs ever since. Previously I've been playing ice hockey for 7 years, football for 2 years and practiced Thai boxing for 2 years also. Therefore my physique and condition are quite fine, but I've never been too muscular before. 

Currently I'm studying law and working out regularly three times a week and been trying to get more muscle, in which I've quite succeeded. I have no medical issues, and I sleep regularly 8 hours per night. Now I read your article about strength training and fat loss at Bodybuilding.com. I found it highly informative and interesting and decided to give it a try. 

What kind of diet would you suggest if I plan to follow The Modern Strength Training/Fat Loss Program, since there was no mention about that in the article? I've been working out with Arnold's Golden Six for almost three months now and gained a lot of muscle as well as some fat of course. Now I'd like to follow the program and retain my muscles while losing fat from my body. All I need is some guidelines for what kind of diet I should follow. 

And also, should I do something else during the week, besides the program in question three times? Currently I weigh 191 lbs, and I'm 6 ft 1 in. Looking forward to your reply.

Sincerely, 
J. M.


My Answer: As far as diet, you should follow a low carb diet.  A simple rule to follow is choose green carbs, avoid white carbs.  Green carbs are vegetables: spinach, broccoli, bok choi, seaweed, asparagus, green tea, etc.  White carbs are alcohol, sugar, bread, pastas, rice, potatoes, etc.

With regards to calories, you should follow a low calorie ZigZag diet.  In Strength and Physique: The Articles I go over diet and discuss the the ZigZag Diet for gaining weight.  With that diet you follow a high calorie diet for 5 days and do 2 days of low calorie.

There is a low calorie version of the Zig Zag Diet designed for fat loss.  With the fat loss version, the parameters are inverted: low calorie for 5 days, 2 cheat days.  So Monday through Friday you stick a to strict diet of low carb, low calories.  Then on the weekends you eat what you want (within reason of course).


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Targeting the Deltoids, Minimizing the Traps

Bench Press to Increase Pushups

Leg Presses and 5x5