Neo-Classical Bodybuilding for the Senior Bodybuilder

Q: I am retired NYPD. Little older now, ha ha. Your Hypertrophy for the Ectomorph program fits well into my abilities at this time. Happy to learn that reduced volume is best. I have a few old shoulder and elbow injuries that get aggravated by excessive volume. Nothing too serious, just annoying. Again, thank you for the program.  Which of your books do you recommend for a +65 guy?

-RK


My Answer: For the older bodybuilder I would suggest Neo-Classical Bodybuilding.  This book has a chapter on low volume training, which is more appropriate for senior bodybuilders.  This chapter reveals how that even though you train with low volume, you can still manipulate other program variables to sustain muscular growth.





Q: Just picked up a copy of Neo-Classical Bodybuilding, but it is definitely not geared to beginners. Any advice or routines for a beginner?

Sudan


My Answer: Make no mistake: most of my programs and books are meant for intermediate to advance trainees.  I don't dumb down my material for anybody.  I don't make the workouts and exercises easy.  They are hard.  They are hard to perform, and they are hard to follow.

The Hypertrophy Training for the Ectomorph program found in Neo-Classical Bodybuilding is meant for beginners, so go with that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Targeting the Deltoids, Minimizing the Traps

Bench Press to Increase Pushups

Leg Presses and 5x5