Hypertrophy training for the ectomorph in an hour




My name is Jonathan and after looking at your routine, I would just like to say thank you for posting.  It looks great, and I am eager to get started with it!

The question I have is in regards to the overall time of the workout. I have heard ectomorphs should not be in the gym longer than 60 minutes and by looking at this routine while taking all the 3 minute breaks into account the workout will far exceed the 60 minute time frame. 

My question is, how can I get around that, would I have to take smaller breaks, or possibly remove a couple of the exercises from the routine? I look forward to hearing back from you!

Cheers,
Jonathan


My Answer: You can reduce the rest periods in the following manner to keep it within an hour.

•Squats - 3 minutes rest
•Bench Press - 2 minutes rest
•V-Bar Pulldown - 2 minutes rest
•Lateral Raise - 1 minute rest
/ Dumbbell Curls 1 minute rest
\ Close-Grip Bench Press 1 minute rest

Dumbbell curls and Close grip bench presses should be supersetted with 1 minute rests.  In other words,

Dumbbell curls - 10 reps
1 minute rest
Close grip bench press - 10 reps
1 minute rest

And so on and so forth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Targeting the Deltoids, Minimizing the Traps

Bench Press to Increase Pushups

Leg Presses and 5x5