Body Weight Only Programs

Q: Great article on Bodybuilding.com!  I notice Week 3 is missing.  Would you recommend completing week 1-2 program in week 3 or is week 3 a week of no exercise?

Would you utilize this program for training to become physically fit as an officer?  If so, then would you say 15 weeks of increasing intensity and weights be ideal (3 complete rotations through the program)? 

Thanks in advance,
Trina


My Answer: Hi Trina, that's a typo.  Week 3 is actually Week 4.  So you do the first phase for weeks 1 and 2, then do phase 2 for weeks 3 and 4. You can go through 3 cycles of the program, which would constitute 12 weeks.




Q: I'm just wondering if you had any routines or advice so I could get my blood flowing again. I used to do judo when I was a teenager but I broke my fibula when I was 20 and I've been kind of scared to work out again since my leg hurts when I stand around for too long- also I don't have any convenient access to a pool so swimming is out of the question.

Anyways. Miss your articles man. Really helped me out when I had my second bout of depression.


My Answer: I know, I know.  I haven't written anything for a long time. T-Nation just recently published an article of mine called Create Tension, Build Muscle so check that out.


If you're trying to get back into the swing of things, then I think any program will do, so long as you avoid external load bearing exercises for the legs, such as squats or leg presses.  If your legs hurt just from standing around , then I would avoid those exercises and do body weight squats and lunges instead.  So the Hypertrophy Training for the Ectomorph program with Bulgarian squats substituted for barbell squats would be fine.

Or you can go with the Bodybuilding Calisthenics program, since there are no external load bearing exercises at all.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Targeting the Deltoids, Minimizing the Traps

Bench Press to Increase Pushups

Leg Presses and 5x5