Mobility Work for Tactical Athletes

Q: I found your Return to Copland workout on line. I am a 41 yr old lieutenant who is trying it. The workouts seem great so far. I'm looking for something to do on the off days. What do you recommend? Rest? Walking? Yoga?

Thank you,
Jimmy


My Answer: Any of those are fine. I prefer doing mobility work on the off days. The following are exercises that I recommend to all tactical athletes (law enforcement, military, fire, EMS). Years of bearing the continuous load of your equipment (bullet resistant vest, duty belt) compresses your spine and constricts your torso movement. This often results in lower back pain as well decreased thoracic mobility. These mobility exercises will restore your range of motion:




Single leg RDL


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Targeting the Deltoids, Minimizing the Traps

Bench Press to Increase Pushups

Leg Presses and 5x5