Body Weight Supersets for Fat Loss

Q: Hi I'm 14, and I like to workout with just body weight.  It seems like I'm stuck.  I don't know what to do. I'm going for strength training and weight loss, but I'm such an amateur.  I don't have a diet or food plan, I started using this app that counts calories and that's it. Please give me some feedback, I don't know what to do.

This is my routine. If you have any suggestions, I'd be very grateful. These workouts usually make me feeling sore, you could say they are hard to finish.  I feel like my abs aren't really getting hit all around and as hard. I'm 5'7, 180 lbs, age 14, 18-25 body fat.

Note: I usually have to wait more than 2 days to recover

WORKOUT A

  • Wide Push-ups 3x8
  • Perfect Push-up 3x8
  • 1.5 Push-up 2x10 - 30 seconds rest
  • Resistance Curls 3x12 (each arm) 
  • Wide Dips 4x12
  • Cross Crunches 4x12
  • Sprinter Abs 3x15
  • Reverse Crunch 3x12
  • Mountain Climbers 30 seconds x 2
  • Leg Raises 3x8
  • Pistol Squat 3x8 (each leg)
  • Plank 60 seconds


WORKOUT B

  • Push-ups 4x20 
  • Wide Dips 4x8
  • Backpack Curls 3x8 (each arm)
  • Heel Touches 4x20
  • Opposite Toe Touches 4x12
  • Leg Raises 4x8
  • Plank 45 seconds
  • Prison Squats 5x15 (weighted)


WORKOUT C

  • Cross Crunches 4x12
  • Toe Touches 3x12
  • Leg Raises 4x6
  • Heel Touches 4x20
  • Flutter Kicks 2x30
  • Mountain Climbers 30s x3
  • 1.5 Pushups 4x5
  • Wide Grip Pushup 4x8
  • Wide Dips 4x10
  • Resistance Curls 3x8 (each arm)
  • Close Stance Squat 3x10
  • Wide Stance Squat 3x10

- Mac T.


My Answer: You have a lot of ab exercises in these workouts, and these ab exercises are not very good ones.  I would get rid of these exercises and do gecko planks instead.


You also have no back exercises.  I suggest you add in some inverted rows.  Since you're trying to lose fat, then do your exercises as supersets:

Superset #1:

  1. Pistol Squat- 8 reps (each leg)
  2. Inverted rows- 8 reps
  3. Rest 90 seconds between supersets.  Perform superset 4 times.


Superset #2:

  1. Prison Squats- 15 reps (weighted)
  2. Dips- 12 reps
  3. Rest 90 seconds between supersets.  Perform superset 4 times.


Superset #3:

  1. Backpack Curls- 8 reps (each arm)
  2. Close Stance Squat- 10 reps
  3. Rest 90 seconds between supersets.  Perform superset 4 times.

Superset #4:
  1. Push-ups- 20 reps
  2. Wide Stance Squat- 10 reps
  3. Rest 90 seconds between supersets.  Perform superset 4 times.


Gecko Plank 60 seconds, 3 sets


Follow the above workout 3 days a week, every other day, for 3 weeks.  The only liquids you should be drinking are water, tea and unsweetened coffee.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Targeting the Deltoids, Minimizing the Traps

Bench Press to Increase Pushups

Leg Presses and 5x5