Low to High Band Flyes



Q: OK, so I finished the 8x8 program and burned a lot of fat. Now I'm wanting to get on the 5x5 program. 

Is it okay to incorporate 2 exercises for [the] chest on my chest day instead of one? My chest is real wide but not very thick. Any suggestions on this at all? I was thinking of doing dumbbell flyes.

-Brad


My Answer: Yes, you can add flyes to your chest workout.  You have 2 options:

1) Do 3 sets of 12 reps for flyes after your 5 sets of 5 reps for your chest.
2) Add flyes as a set extender to your 5 sets of 5 reps.  In other words, bench for 5 reps, immediately pick a pair of dumbbells and do 10 reps of flyes, rest.  So on and so forth until you achieve 5 compound sets.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Targeting the Deltoids, Minimizing the Traps

Bench Press to Increase Pushups

Leg Presses and 5x5