BCAA's and Glutamine for Cardio



Q: Hey James, Need a second opinion on this: currently on my cardio days I do 20 minutes of barbell/dumbbell complex training and then 20 minutes of moderate intensity cardio (walking, elliptical, etc). Aim is conditioning and of course fat loss =) 

I've been advised that on my cardio days I only need to take BCAA's and glutamine during my session as there is no need for it pre and post [supplementation], because I'm not really going through complete muscle breakdown during these sessions. Taking into account what my cardio session consists of, is this correct or should I be taking at least BCAA's pre and post also? 

Thanks mate, 
Basil 


My Answer: I think you can go either way. The issue is cost. Taking all those pills can be quite expensive. So if you want to take a single dose of BCAA's and glutamine for cardio, then that's perfectly fine. I don't think it's going to make that much of a difference if you added the pre and post workout dosages for your cardio and conditioning workouts. But if you have the money, then knock yourself out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Targeting the Deltoids, Minimizing the Traps

Bench Press to Increase Pushups

Leg Presses and 5x5