Nutrition, Supplements and Sleep

My name is Jake. I live in Sydney, Australia. I have loved health and fitness all my life and recently have become excited about weight training and building muscle.

I am 172 cm and 55kg. I am looking to add about 10kg of lean muscle mass to my physique. There is so much information on the internet about 'THE BEST WAY' to build muscle, it is all just so confusing and overwhelming.

I would LOVE to hear from you the best way to gain muscle through quality nutrition, supplementation and recovery. I hope you have a good week ahead of you, and I would really value your advice and guidance.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Jake



My Answer: Jake, that is way too much to cover in a single blog post. You're asking many people on the net, so you will get a ton of answers to pick and choose from. So I will keep my answer short and to the point.

- If you want to have impressive muscular size, then you'll need to up the calories and protein. What I suggest is to follow the ZigZag Zone diet mentioned in SPV2: Neo-Classical Bodybuilding.

- With regards to supplementation, refer to this blog post: Supplementation for the Academy

- With regards to recovery, this is a no-brainer: Get some sleep! Sleep for as long as you can: 7-9 hours of continuous uninterrupted sleep is good. If you find that you're sleepy in the afternoon after lunch, then take a nap if you can. If you can't because you're at work, then don't worry about. Save naps for the weekends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Targeting the Deltoids, Minimizing the Traps

Bench Press to Increase Pushups

Leg Presses and 5x5