Pre-Contest Training

Q: I have really been enjoying your books and making great progress in the gym.  Recently just finished the 14 week mesocycle in Neo-Classical Bodybuilding, and I'm very keen to start on the body specialization as I have some weaknesses.

Just slightly confused how to plug these workouts into the density phase.  Are these workouts purely for density phases only?  For instance Chest specialization workout #2: Is that just one training session or added onto the T-boost workout? I guess using the specializations means I'll be training one more day a week? 

Thank you very much just slightly confused.

Hear from you soon, love the videos too. 

E. Pascale
UK


My Answer: Glad you like the books and videos. As far as the specialization workouts, they are to be used only as a density phase.  Chest specialization workout #2 is one training session.  Workout #3 is the T-boost workout in the chest specialization program.  The specialization programs that are outlined in the book are four workouts a week.

Hope that clarifies.






Q: Hope you're well.  Really enjoying the specialization programs from your books.  They're really working out for me. I like the training style.  The routines are very different from anything I've done before, so a big thumbs up as I'm seeing good results.  My muscles look and feel full, which is exactly what I want! :]

I was just wondering if the mesocycles and the specialization routines would work well for a physique competitor?  Would they be good for pre-contest prep workouts?

Many Thanks.
Have A Great Day!

Emilio


My Answer: Yes the specialization routines would work fine as pre-contest prep workouts.  Be sure, however, not to train your legs right up to your contest.  You should stop training the legs a week before the event.

Good luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Targeting the Deltoids, Minimizing the Traps

Bench Press to Increase Pushups

Leg Presses and 5x5