5 Triceps Push Ups

Q: Hey James, I've recently gotten back into weight lifting, and unfortunately I have a couple of bum shoulders which make it hard to do a good portion of triceps exercises. I know of the most common ones out there and for the most part used to have a good routine. 

I've noticed that your triceps have really great size and definition (insert gay joke here), and so I was wondering not really of the exercises out there that I could do, but maybe your routine specifically.

Thanks for your help, 

T.S.


My Answer: I change my program every so often, but these factors always remain constant in my triceps training:


  1. I train heavy and rarely go over 6 reps. 
  2. I train my triceps with 2 different exercises: a press variation and an extension variation. 
  3. I go slow on the negative and explode through the positive portion. 
  4. I flex the triceps as hard as I can at the lockout position. 


This is the game plan that I follow, and I outline in great detail in the triceps chapter of High Tension Exercises for Muscular Growth.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Targeting the Deltoids, Minimizing the Traps

Bench Press to Increase Pushups

Leg Presses and 5x5